SHBR COVID-19 PHASE 3 RULES
Phase 3A provides for lap swimming and reserved pool zones as well as lounging.
Single-swimmer lap lanes are available during the first and last session of the day. Members are encouraged to leave the first session for other members at high risk of infection. Only lap swimming is permitted in lap lanes.
“Family” zones are available in all three pools. There are no restrictions on use within the zones. A single user can reserve a “family” zone, but only one household may use a zone at a time.
Seven zones are available:
- Two shallow zones in lower pool.
- Two mid-depth zones, one in lower pool and one in upper pool.
- Two diving wells, one in each pool. (Upper well available on weekdays only between 1 pm and 8 pm.)
- Baby pool.
A zone reservation provides a member (and his/her household) access to a specified zone throughout the reservation time. They may swap zones during the session with another household by mutual agreement.
Reservations are required. A family may sign up for no more than five reservations per week.
By reserving, you are agreeing to abide by the SHBR COVID-19 Code of Conduct.
Members must self-check before each visit to the club and confirm to check-in staff that they pass requirements. Self-check parameters will be posted at entry.
Members must wear a mask between parking lot and pool deck, especially before queuing up and throughout the check-in process.
Members must maintain a 10-foot distance from all members and staff not from their household, including in pools.
No guests are permitted.
There will be no changing or shower facilities available at the club. Members should arrive showered and attired for swimming. Members should anticipate leaving the club in wet swimwear, and plan to protect car upholstery accordingly.
Pool decks are reserved for transit only. Lounging/sunbathing is allowed in designated areas on grass.
Showers, playground, and water fountains are closed. Members who have leased a cabana may use it. The cabana lock policy is in effect.
The grill will be available. Members will be required to clean all grill touchpoints before use, using cleaning supplies provided by SHBR.
At the end of the reservation period, all members must exit the club immediately.
No chairs, tables or umbrellas will be out. Members should bring their own seating/blanket.
Outside food and beverage is allowed, but members are required to carefully clean up before their reservation period ends. As there will be no water fountains available, members should fill their water bottles at home.
Members may bring swim aids and pool toys. The sharing of any personal items with non-family members is prohibited including, but not limited to, water bottles, sunscreen, bug spray, goggles, swim fins, kick boards, towels, etc. Any items left after the member exits the club will be immediately discarded.
Bell will ring to signify five minutes remaining in reservation period.
In the event of a weather closing, there will be no rescheduling or make up of reservation time. All members in the club when a weather closing is called must immediately exit the club.
This code of conduct is meant to augment the existing rules as listed in the Rules and Policies for Use of the Facilities.
- If I or any member of my family is considered “high risk” for infection (CDC), I will use prudent judgement in deciding to visit SHBR.
- I will follow the rules set out by SHBR, put in place to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all SHBR members.
- I will treat all SHBR staff with respect and follow their instructions.
- If I disagree with any of the rules set out by SHBR, I will bring it to the attention of the pool manager or the board. I will not debate the rules with SHBR staff on site.
- I will monitor my own health and community associations. If I have any potential symptoms of COVID-19, I will refrain from coming to the pool. If I have been to the pool in the past 14 days, I will alert the pool manager. If I have come in contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, I will refrain from coming to the SHBR facility until I have self isolated and monitored for a period of 14 days.
- Adjustment to rules and protocols will occur as the club and community make our way through opening and operating in the current climate and associated phases. When adjustments occur, I will follow them as stated. If I see a potential improvement, I will respectfully bring it to the attention of the pool manager or board.
SHBR will be open Monday-Fruday, 11 am – 9 pm; Saturday, 10 am – 9 pm; and Sunday, 9 am – 9 pm. Tuesdays from 6 pm – 9 pm are adult swim. During adult swim, no one under 18 allowed in club, except on-duty staff.
Currently reservations can be made 22 to 24 hours prior to swim time. See bottom of page for cancellation instructions.
If you have made a reservation but find you can not attend, please cancel as soon as possible so that another member may use the slot.
To cancel, go to the reservation site, click on your name in the upper right corner and click “View profile.”
Choose “Details” next to your upcoming reservation and scroll to the bottom. There is a cancellation button there.