SHBR COVID-19 PHASE 3B RULES
Phase 3B provides for open access to most areas of the pools at some sessions and reserved pool zones in others. During both types of sessions, lap swimmers may reserve lane space.
Only lap swimming is permitted in lap lanes. Beginning July 25, lap lane reservations are for a lane except during the 10 am hour on weekdays when a reservation secures one spot of two in a lane. There is a strict maximum of two swimmers per lane, regardless of family relationship.
During “open access” periods, members may use any portion of the two larger pools (other than the lap lanes) for which they meet ability minimums and the baby pool if a family member in attendance meets the age requirements. At all times, though, members must maintain 10-foot separation from anyone not from their household.
A zone reservation provides a member (and his/her household) access to a specified zone throughout the reservation time. They may swap zones during the session with another household by mutual agreement. Only one household may use a zone at a time; however, members with a “lounge” reservation may dip into the zone with the permission of the reservation holder.
Reservations are required. A family may sign up for no more than five reservations per week. Each lap lane reservation, each zone reservation and each family group during an open-access session count as one reservation.
By reserving, you are agreeing to abide by the SHBR COVID-19 Code of Conduct.
Members must self-check before each visit to the club and confirm to check-in staff that they pass requirements. Self-check parameters will be posted at entry.
Members must wear a mask between parking lot and pool deck, especially before queuing up and throughout the check-in process.
Members must maintain a 10-foot distance from all members and staff not from their household, including in pools.
No guests are permitted.
There will be no changing or shower facilities available at the club. Members should arrive showered and attired for swimming. Members should anticipate leaving the club in wet swimwear, and plan to protect car upholstery accordingly.
Pool decks are reserved for transit only. Lounging/sunbathing is allowed in designated areas on grass.
Showers, playground, and water fountains are closed. Members who have leased a cabana or locker may use it. The cabana lock policy is in effect.
The grill will be available. Members will be required to clean all grill touchpoints before use, using cleaning supplies provided by SHBR.
At the end of the reservation period, all members must exit the club immediately. During open-access sessions, lap swimmers may use the other areas of the pool during the other half of the reservation period, but may only use the reserved space for their designated time period.
No chairs, tables or umbrellas will be out. Members should bring their own seating/blanket.
Outside food and beverage is allowed, but members are required to carefully clean up before their reservation period ends. As there will be no water fountains available, members should fill their water bottles at home.
Members may bring swim aids and pool toys, but floats are only allowed during zoned sessions. (No floats during open-access periods.) The sharing of any personal items with non-family members is prohibited including, but not limited to, water bottles, sunscreen, bug spray, goggles, swim fins, kick boards, towels, etc. Any items left after the member exits the club will be immediately discarded.
Bell will ring to signify five minutes remaining in reservation period.
In the event of a weather closing or pool recovery, there will be no rescheduling or make up of reservation time. All members in the club when a weather closing is called must immediately exit the club.
This code of conduct is meant to augment the existing rules as listed in the Rules and Policies for Use of the Facilities.
- If I or any member of my family is considered “high risk” for infection (CDC), I will use prudent judgement in deciding to visit SHBR.
- I will follow the rules set out by SHBR, put in place to safeguard the health and wellbeing of all SHBR members.
- I will treat all SHBR staff with respect and follow their instructions.
- If I disagree with any of the rules set out by SHBR, I will bring it to the attention of the pool manager or the board. I will not debate the rules with SHBR staff on site.
- I will monitor my own health and community associations. If I have any potential symptoms of COVID-19, I will refrain from coming to the pool. If I have been to the pool in the past 14 days, I will alert the pool manager. If I have come in contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, I will refrain from coming to the SHBR facility until I have self isolated and monitored for a period of 14 days.
- Adjustment to rules and protocols will occur as the club and community make our way through opening and operating in the current climate and associated phases. When adjustments occur, I will follow them as stated. If I see a potential improvement, I will respectfully bring it to the attention of the pool manager or board.
Reserve here for:
SHBR will be open Monday-Friday, 4 pm – 9 pm; Saturday, 10 am – 9 pm; and Sunday, 9 am – 7 pm. Special events, such as intrasquad meets, may close the pools to some or all other use.
Schedules should post the preceding Wednesday at about 9 am.