SHBR is pleased to announce that Kay Cooper (email@example.com) will serve as the Adult Swim Representative. This position was established by the SHBR Board of Directors in order to ensure that the needs and concerns of our adult fitness and leisure swimmers are heard and addressed. The Adult Swim Representative will work with and report to the Aquatics Representative to the SHBR Board, Cindy Bremer (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Adult Swim Representative will coordinate all aspects of SHBR’s Sunday morning Adult Swim program, and will help to coordinate the schedule for lap lane availability throughout the summer. Any questions related to Adult Swim, lap lane availability, or water aerobics can be directed to Kay Cooper and/or Cindy Bremer.
Sleepy Hollow Bath and Racquet is pleased to reserve lanes in the upper pool for lap swimming. There are usually 2 to 3 lap lanes available pending pool capacity and Manager’s discretion based on that capacity. The number and availability of lanes varies depending on other scheduled activities. Generally, however, lap lanes are available during the times below:
- Monday – Friday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (ADULTS ONLY, 18 years and older)
- Sunday 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm (all members)
Lap Lane Availability* – Updated for 2017
Lap lanes will not be available on the following dates and times due to swim and dive team practices and meets:
|June 1 – 23||4:45 pm – 7:30 pm||no lanes (Swim Practice)|
|June 19||4:45 pm – close||no lanes (Swim B meet)|
|June 26||4:45 pm – close||no lanes (Swim B meet)|
|June 26 – 28||5:00 pm – 6:00 pm||1 lap lane (Swim Practice and Clinics)|
|June 27||5:45 pm – close||no lanes (Dive A meet)|
|July 1||10:00 am -12:30 pm||no lanes (Swim A meet)|
|July 10||4:45 – close||no lanes (Swim B meet)|
|July 18||5:45 – close||no lanes (Dive A meet)|
|July 22||10:00 am – 1:00 pm||no lanes (Swim A meet/Sr. day/family relays)|
|July 28||4:00 pm – close||no lanes (closed at approximately 4:00 pm to set up for Divisionals)|
|July 29||open – 2:00 pm||no lanes (NVSL Div. 6 Divisionals till approximately 2:00 pm)|
We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for your understanding. Our entire SHBR community is anxious to share limited and valuable pool time and space, and we are committed to being as equitable as possible to all aspects of recreational, competitive, and exercise swimming.
* Please refer to the This Week on the SHBR calendar on the website for any last minute changes.
Rules for Using Lap Lanes
- Lap lanes are available for lap swimming by all members, lessees, or guests 13 years and older
- Lap lanes may be available for lap swimming by members, lessees, or guests younger than 13 under the following guidelines:
- The young swimmer is able to swim at least 25 meters unassisted;
- An adult may ask a swimmer under the age of 16 to yield when all lanes are considered full.
- A “full” lap lane is considered to be two or more swimmers. Swimmers are encouraged to swim side by side or use circle swimming.
- Lap lanes are to be used for swimming laps only. Lap lane swimmers are strictly prohibited from recreating or engaging in “horse play” in the lap lanes.
- All lap lane swimming and swimming rules may be altered at the sole discretion of the lifeguards at any time.
Lap Lane Etiquette
When swimming laps in the pool, please observe a few common courtesies:
- Stay aware of other swimmers’ presence.
- Inform other swimmers of your intentions.
- Use common sense and courtesy when sharing a lane with another swimmer.
These courtesies can significantly increase the capacity and safety of our lap lanes and make for a more pleasant and productive workout.