SHBR is pleased to announce that Kay Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org) will serve as the Adult Swim Representative. This position was established by the SHBR Board of Directors in order to ensure that the needs and concerns of our adult fitness and leisure swimmers are heard and addressed. The Adult Swim Representative will work with and report to the Aquatics Representative to the SHBR Board, Dana Cogar (email@example.com). The Adult Swim Representative will coordinate all aspects of SHBR’s Sunday morning Adult Swim program, and will help to coordinate the schedule for lap lane availability throughout the summer. Any questions related to Adult Swim, lap lane availability, or water aerobics can be directed to Kay Cooper and/or Dana Cogar.
LAP SWIMMINGSleepy Hollow Bath and Racquet is pleased to reserve lanes in the upper pool for lap swimming. There are usually 2 to 3 lap lanes available pending pool capacity and Manager’s discretion based on that capacity. The number and availability of lanes varies depending on other scheduled activities. Generally, however, lap lanes are available during the times below:
- Monday – Friday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Saturday 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Sunday 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (ADULTS ONLY, 18 years and older)
- Sunday 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm (all members)
Rules for Using Lap Lanes
- Lap lanes are available for lap swimming by all members, lessees, or guests 13 years and older
- Lap lanes may be available for lap swimming by members, lessees, or guests younger than 13 under the following guidelines:
- The young swimmer is able to swim at least 25 meters unassisted;
- An adult may ask a swimmer under the age of 16 to yield when all lanes are considered full.
- A “full” lap lane is considered to be two or more swimmers. Swimmers are encouraged to swim side by side or use circle swimming.
- Lap lanes are to be used for swimming laps only. Lap lane swimmers are strictly prohibited from recreating or engaging in “horse play” in the lap lanes.
- All lap lane swimming and swimming rules may be altered at the sole discretion of the lifeguards at any time.
Lap Lane EtiquetteWhen swimming laps in the pool, please observe a few common courtesies:
- Stay aware of other swimmers’ presence.
- Inform other swimmers of your intentions.
- Use common sense and courtesy when sharing a lane with another swimmer.
Questions?If you have any questions or concerns about lap lane policies or management, please contact Dana Cogar, SHBR Swim Representative to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.