Competition swim team
Welcome SHBR Swimmers!
We are excited to offer a fun, safe environment for developing swimming skills. Swimmers are evaluated before joining the SHBR Swim Team to identify the most appropriate environment for each swimmer.
- Competition Team – For swimmers capable of swimming 25 meters (1 lap) of the pool unassisted with a minimum stroke proficiency. Swimmers can focus on coaches for a 45 minute or longer practice and participate in weekly “A” and “B” swim meets throughout the season.
- Seal Pup Developmental Team – A swim team preparation program for new swimmers ages 5-8 who have mastered swim lessons and, during evaluation, can swim at least 15 meters of the pool unassisted and can safely swim to the side of the pool. These swimmers are still developing their strokes and are ready for a bigger challenge, have the attention span to listen to coaches for a 30-minute practice, and will enjoy a group environment. Swimmers participate in an intra-squad swim meet. More information can be found on the Seal Pup’s Web Page.
If your swimmer is not yet ready for the Swim Team, SHBR also offers swim lessons. Seal School group lessons provide group instruction to teach children skills from basic water exploration to beginning stroke development.
swim team updates
2019 SHBR SEALS Swim Team
Welcome to the 2019 swim team season. Swim team registration, plus all SHBR swim team schedules, meet sign up, results and season information, is located on our Swim Team Portal.
We are finalizing our 2019 meet and practice schedules this spring. Register now and them please check back to our Swim Team Portal for updates on summer schedules.
- Returning Swimmer for 2019? Families must register through the swim team portal, Swimtopia, to be officially registered on the team. If you have already registered on the SHBR website, that’s okay. However you must also register through Swimtopia. Go to our Swim Team Portal
- Want to join the team? Go to our Team Portal and create a swim team account. Swimmers must register before practice.
- Email John Mechem, Swim Team Rep, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aquatics Day Saturday, May 18, 2019 from 2-4pm – SHBR hosts an Aquatics Information Day, where the swim team answers questions, provides suit fittings, and sales of goggles & team caps.
- Learn more about the team, how swim team works in general and more. Get Swim Team Handbook.
- Meet Schedule & Absence Reporting Schedule
- Practice Schedule
- Team Photo & Video Library, Social Media – Resources
EVALUATIONS FOR NEW SWIMMERS: How does it work?
- All members ages 5-8 who are new to the team must complete a new swimmer evaluation. The coaches provide the most appropriate placement for each swimmer.
- Swimmers should attend three practices for evaluation. We recommend attending days 1-3, allowing the end of the week for makeup day(s) if needed.
- Swimmers on the Developmental Team will complete Evaluation Days and return for morning practices after school ends. Developmental Swimmers do not attend afternoon practices in June.
- Read more about new swimmer evaluations and the Seal Pups program.
Have more questions? Contact John Mechem, SHBR Swim Team Rep at email@example.com.