The following rules apply to members using the tennis courts:
- Tennis courts follow the same weather policies as the rest of the club. Players must leave the courts and seek shelter if, in the opinion of the manager on duty, a hazardous condition exists or during inclement weather.
- Standard guest fees apply to all non-member tennis players.
- Lessees are accorded full tennis privileges from Memorial Day Saturday through Labor Day Monday. However, tennis keys are only available to equity members.
- Tennis attire (including shirts) and soft-soled shoes must be worn on the tennis courts. Swimsuits are not tennis attire.
- Food, soft drinks, glass containers, skateboards, in-line skates, bicycles, gum and chewing tobacco are prohibited on the tennis courts.
- During prime time (weekdays after 5:00 pm, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays), members age 18 and over have priority play.
- Lessons shall be conducted only on the courts designated for that purpose.
- Paid tennis lessons may only be offered by the SHBR-contracted tennis professional.
- Climbing of fences and forcing locks open are prohibited.
- Players must enter and exit through the front entrance when the Club is open.
- Scheduled team matches and tournaments have priority over random play on courts 1-4 at all times.
- Play is limited to 1 hour for singles and 1.5 hours for doubles when other players are waiting.
- Players should not walk on courts when play is in progress. Walk outside the fence or wait until between points. Call for your stray ball; do not retrieve it.