COVID-19 PROVISIONAL TENNIS COURT RULES & Waiver
To obtain the SHBR tennis access you must link to the court reservation system, please read the rules carefully. At the bottom please click on the reservation link, set up an account and when prompted in the reservation system, enter this membership code: 1769.
In order to play on the club courts you must acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies and will abide by them. This is required only once per family for your first reservation. Please email email@example.com if you experience a problem registering.
Rules for Play and Conduct:
COVID 19 – Members should not use the tennis courts if they are experiencing any of the symptoms associated with COVID 19 or have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 in the prior two weeks.
Clinics and Teams – There will be no clinics or team practices.
Singles Play – Singles play court time will be limited to 90 minutes. Please mark and pick up your own balls. Refer to the USTA Guidelines above.
Doubles Play – Court time will be limited to 90 minutes.
Lessons – Only SHBR approved Pros are allowed to give individual lessons or group lessons (limited to family members only). The Pros will pick up all balls or provide a ball hopper for players to use. Ball hoppers will be thoroughly cleaned after each lesson.
Hygiene and Social Distancing – All players should thoroughly wash or sanitize their hands before entering and after leaving the tennis courts (Members should also expect to bring their own hand sanitizer, and/or disinfectant wipes).
Players must adhere to all current governmental and CDC social distancing rules (e.g., six feet distance, not gather in groups of more than 10) and otherwise avoid direct contact with players both on and off the court. Please take all trash when leaving the court. Also, we strongly recommend that you do not touch your face until you’ve had a chance to wash or sanitize your hands thoroughly.
Water Bottles – Members need to bring their own water bottles and remove them upon completion of play. No water will be available on the courts.
Tennis Balls – Each player (or family if playing together) must use their own tennis balls and/or clearly mark their balls. Players must only serve with their own tennis balls. See USTA guidelines for handling balls.
Changing Ends of the Court – Players are encouraged not to change ends of the court during play or change from the opposite side from their opponent(s).
I have read and understand these rules and will abide by them out of respect for the safety of others on my court and the surrounding courts. I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my family and/or I may be exposed to COVID-19. I also voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my family and/or myself that may be incurred in connection with usage of SHBR’s tennis facility.
The following rules apply to members using the tennis courts:
- Tennis courts follow the same weather policies as the rest of the club. Players must leave the courts and seek shelter if, in the opinion of the manager on duty, a hazardous condition exists or during inclement weather.
- Standard guest fees apply to all non-member tennis players.
- Lessees are accorded full tennis privileges from Memorial Day Saturday through Labor Day Monday. However, tennis keys are only available to equity members.
- Tennis attire (including shirts) and soft-soled shoes must be worn on the tennis courts. Swimsuits are not tennis attire.
- Food, soft drinks, glass containers, skateboards, in-line skates, bicycles, gum and chewing tobacco are prohibited on the tennis courts.
- During prime time (weekdays after 5:00 pm, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays), members age 18 and over have priority play.
- Lessons shall be conducted only on the courts designated for that purpose.
- Paid tennis lessons may only be offered by the SHBR-contracted tennis professional.
- Climbing of fences and forcing locks open are prohibited.
- Players must enter and exit through the front entrance when the Club is open.
- Scheduled team matches and tournaments have priority over random play on courts 1-4 at all times.
- Play is limited to 1 hour for singles and 1.5 hours for doubles when other players are waiting.
- Players should not walk on courts when play is in progress. Walk outside the fence or wait until between points. Call for your stray ball; do not retrieve it.