2021 Dive Schedule
Monday — Thursday*
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM : all divers
- 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM : 13 and older
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM : all divers for Fun Day Friday
- 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM : all divers
* Afternoon practices may be affected by Swim Meets on Tuesdays, and Dive Meets on Tuesdays.
2021 Dive Season
Below is the SHBR 2021 A Meet Schedule for Division V. Just like the summer weather in Northern Virginia, this is subject to change.
- June 22 SHBR at Ravensworth
- June 29 Camelot at SHBR
- July 6 Rolling Hills at SHBR
- July 13 SHBR at Crosspointe
- July 20 Lakeview at SHBR
- July 25 Divisionals at Ravensworth
SHBR Dive Handbook for 2021
The SHBR Dive Handbook has been updated for 2021. This is a good reference if you have questions about how the dive program works or how you can get involved. The web page has also been updated for 2021.
We literally cannot run this program without your help. Did you know that it (ordinarily) takes eight to eleven officials to effectively run a dive meet? Each team provides half. In order for the program to continue, we extend a hearty invitation to new volunteers to provide the needed support now and in the years to come.
Adult family members are invited to free-of-cost NVSL clinics so you can learn how to help out with a meet. We need Meet Workers (collect and add scores, announce dives), Judges (award scores to dives), and Referees (experienced judges who determine if a dive was performed correctly and help with dive changes).
The following clinics are available for new meet officials (or ones who want a refresher):
- We can train prospective meet workers during the meets. These volunteers record and tabulate the scores. Another one announces the dives.
- I do not have a recording of this session (yet).
Diving at SHBR
The summer season is here and the SHBR Diving Seals are looking for boys and girls who are eighteen and under to take a plunge and have some fun — no experience is necessary.
Our team prides itself on the strength of its young diver program — if you can pass a swim test, our coaches can teach you to dive! If you don’t think you are young anymore, they still can teach you to dive… especially boys and girls 11-18 years. One good resource for information is our 2021 SHBR Dive Handbook, hot off the press. This has information about our dive program, how meets work, and a lot on sportsmanship.
Summer is a time for kids to have fun, make new friends, and get reacquainted with summertime pool friends. The dive team can help with this while also providing the opportunity to learn the sport. Go Seals!
Our team has a Facebook page! Please go to our Facebook page to see photos and video of our team. If you would like any photos or video posted please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re going to try to keep track of last minute meet changes with our new Twitter handle, @SHBRDive.
Please click here if you want to receive the SHBR Dive Newsletter.
SHBR Dive Representative
Video of Mock Meet:
Another season is approaching, Seals!
I am so excited to be at SHBR this summer and make this season the best one yet! I may be a familiar face to some of you since I dove at SHBR for 10 years. For all of those I haven’t met yet, I’m looking forward to the new faces! For the past 3 years, I have been the head coach of the Annandale Swim and Tennis Dive Team. Before that, I was an assistant coach for SHBR for 3 years, as well as 4 years of high school dive experience. I’m excited to come back home and bring all the things I’ve learned from diving to not only our divers but our parents as well!
This season we are going to have so much fun! But we must remember that good fun and safety go hand in hand. Learning new dives is always our goal, but we aren’t going to put ourselves or others at risk in pursuit of that. We will work hard and set new goals while achieving great practice and meet environments. We will respect each other and our coaches and parents while on deck and at other pools. New divers, we will learn some new stuff at an individual pace and work towards achieving as much as you want to learn. For those who haven’t been part of a team, I can’t wait for you to experience the support from teammates who are learning new dives as well.
We will work together to help our children become the best divers they can be! My goal is a safe, fun practice environment where we can help each other learn and grow. We will work together to make goals and try to reach them by the end of the season. For all those new to the sport, I hope that you ask lots of questions and feel free to contact me outside of practice time with any questions or concerns you might have about anything dive. Working together is essential, and we need parents to volunteer in order to support our kids and help our team function as a whole.
I can’t wait to see you all at the beginning of the season!
2019 SHBR DIVING SCHEDULE
Available practice time before school is out:
- Monday – Friday 4:00 PM to 4:45 PM – 13 and up/intermediate and senior divers only
- Monday – Friday 4:45 PM to 5:30 PM – All Divers
- Saturday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
After School is out starting June 14th
- Monday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (13 years old and up – Intermediate & Senior divers only)
- Tuesday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – with adjusted times for “A” meet nights
- Wednesday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (13 years old and up – Intermediate & Senior divers only)
- Thursday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – with adjusted times for “B” meet nights
- Friday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Fun Day Friday
- Saturday practice 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Coaches would like divers to attend as many practices as they can, at a minimum 3 practices a week. However, no diver is required to stay for the entire practice on the days they attend.
“A” COMPETITION MEETS:
- June 25 – SHBR @ Ravensworth
- July 2 – Dominion Hills @ SHBR
- July 9 – Hunt Valley @ SHBR
- July 16 – SHBR @ Mantua
- July 23 – Lakeview @ SHBR
Divers need to be at SHBR for home meets at 3:00 PM for practice with the meet beginning (weather permitting) at 6:00 PM. Divers need to be at away Clubs at 5:00 PM for practice before the meets begin at 6:00 PM.
- July 11 – To be announced
- July 18 – To be announced
- July 14 – Wally Martin Memorial 3 Meter and Synchro – Meet at Oak Marr
- July 21 – Cracker Jack Invitational Dive Meet all day at Sideburn Run
- July 28 – Divisionals @ Ravensworth
- August 4 – All Stars @ Springfield
- May 18 – Aquatics Day / Swim Suit Fit @ SHBR – Time 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- May 27 – Swim & Dive Ice Cream Social 5:00 PM
- June 22 – Dive Team Social & Parents Meeting after Mock Meet 4:00 PM
- July 20 – Dive Team Cook Out 4:00 PM
- July 28 – Dive Awards at Mason District Government Center 5:00 PM
- June 13 – 6:30 PM @ Truro
- June 19 – 6:30 PM @ Truro
- June 9 – 9:45 AM @ Arlington Forest
- June 23 – 2:00 PM @ Chesterbrook
- June 26 – 6:30 PM @ Camelot
TABLE WORKERS CLINICS
- June 9 – 9:45 AM @ Arlington Forest
Also, parents and divers can stay current with NVSL Dive on social media for updates during meets and other events throughout the season.
NVSL’s Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/DiveNVSL/
NVSL Twitter Page is https://twitter.com/nvsldive
If you would like information or photos posted to these sites please send them to email@example.com