Welcome SHBR Divers to the 2018 dive season!
The summer 2018 season is here and the SHBR Diving Seals are looking for boys and girls who are eighteen and under to take a plunge and have some fun — no experience is necessary.
Our team prides itself on the strength of its young diver program – if you can pass a swim test, our coaches can teach you to dive! If you don’t think you are young anymore, they still can teach you to dive … especially boys and girls 11-18 years.
The SHBR Seals dive team will compete this season in NVSL Division V. Other Division V teams include Cardinal Hill, SHRA, Donaldson Run, Wakefield Chapel, and Highland Park.
The Seals are well prepared heading into this new season: we look forward to welcoming many returning divers. But like all strong teams, we still need new recruits to dive.
SHBR members of all ages are invited to participate in the open event at our home intrasquad mock meet on June 23rd – come try out your most daring dives! If you’d like some pointers in advance of these meets, we have practice times Monday – Saturday and our coaches are happy to assist you.
Summer is a time for kids to have fun, make new friends, and get reacquainted with summertime pool friends. The dive team can help with this while also providing the opportunity to learn the sport. Go Seals!
Our team has a Facebook page! Please go to our Facebook page to see photos and video of our team. If you would like any photos or video posted please submit them to email@example.com.
Video of Mock Meet:
Another season is approaching, Seals!
I am so excited to be at SHBR this summer and make this season the best one yet! I may be a familiar face to some of you since I dove at SHBR for 10 years. For all of those I haven’t met yet, I’m looking forward to the new faces! For the past 3 years, I have been the head coach of the Annandale Swim and Tennis Dive Team. Before that, I was an assistant coach for SHBR for 3 years, as well as 4 years of high school dive experience. I’m excited to come back home and bring all the things I’ve learned from diving to not only our divers but our parents as well!
This season we are going to have so much fun! But we must remember that good fun and safety go hand in hand. Learning new dives is always our goal, but we aren’t going to put ourselves or others at risk in pursuit of that. We will work hard and set new goals while achieving great practice and meet environments. We will respect each other and our coaches and parents while on deck and at other pools. New divers, we will learn some new stuff at an individual pace and work towards achieving as much as you want to learn. For those who haven’t been part of a team, I can’t wait for you to experience the support from teammates who are learning new dives as well.
We will work together to help our children become the best divers they can be! My goal is a safe, fun practice environment where we can help each other learn and grow. We will work together to make goals and try to reach them by the end of the season. For all those new to the sport, I hope that you ask lots of questions and feel free to contact me outside of practice time with any questions or concerns you might have about anything dive. Working together is essential, and we need parents to volunteer in order to support our kids and help our team function as a whole.
I can’t wait to see you all at the beginning of the season!
Available practice time before school is out:
- Monday – Friday 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM
- Saturday 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
After School is out starting June 16th
- Monday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (13 years old and up – Intermediate & Senior divers only)
- Tuesday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM – with adjusted times for “A” meet nights
- Wednesday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM (13 years old and up – Intermediate & Senior divers only)
- Thursday 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM – Fun Day Friday
- Saturday practice 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Coaches would like divers to attend as many practices as they can. However, no diver is required to stay for the entire practice on the days they attend.
“A” COMPETITION MEETS:
- June 26th – SHBR @ Cardinal Hill
- July 3rd – SHRA @ SHBR
- July 10th – Highland Park @ SHBR
- July 17th – SHBR @ Donaldson Run
- July 24th – Wakefield Chapel @ SHBR
Divers need to be at SHBR for home meets at 3:00 PM for practice with the meet beginning (weather permitting) at 6:00 PM. Divers need to be at away Clubs at 5:00 PM for practice before the meets begin at 6:00 PM.
- June 23rd – Intra Squad & Practice Meet @ SHBR 2:00 PM
- July 12th – SHBR @ Crosspoint with Fairfax Station 5:00 PM
- July 19th – SHBR @ Hamlet Swim Club 5:00 PM
- July 15th – Wally Martin Memorial 3 Meter and Synchro – Meet at Oak Marr
- July 22nd – Cracker Jack Invitational Dive Meet all day at Springfield
- July 29th – Divisionals @ Donaldson Run
- August 5th – All Stars @ Oakton
- May 19th – Swim Suit Fit @ SHBR – Time 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- May 28th – Swim & Dive Ice Cream Social 5:00 PM
- June 23rd – Dive Team Social after Mock Meet 4:00 PM
- July 21st – Dive Team Cook Out 4:00 PM
- July 29th – Dive Awards at Mason District Government Center 5:00 PM
- June 14th 6:30 PM @ Truro
- June 21st 6:30:00 PM @ Turo
- June 10th 9:45 AM @ Sideburn Run
- June 24th 2:00 PM @ Chesterbrook
- June 27th 6:30 PM @ SHBR
TABLE WORKERS CLINICS
- June 10th 9:45 AM @ Sideburn Run
- June 25th 2:00 PM @ 6318 Glenbard Rd., Burke, VA 22015
Also, parents and divers can stay current with NVSL Dive on social media for updates during meets and other events throughout the season.
NVSL’s Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/DiveNVSL/
NVSL Twitter Page is https://twitter.com/nvsldive
If you would like information or photos posted to these sites please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org