Welcome SHBR Divers to the 2017 dive season!
The summer 2017 season is just around the corner, and the SHBR Diving Seals are looking for boys and girls who are eighteen and under to take a plunge and have some fun — no experience is necessary.
Our team prides itself on the strength of its young diver program – if you can pass a swim test, our coaches can teach you to dive! If you don’t think you are young anymore, they still can teach you to dive … especially boys and girls 11-18 years.
The SHBR Seals dive team will compete this season in NVSL Division III. Other Division III teams include Chesterbrook, Arlington Forest, Hayfield, Mantua, and Oakton.
The Seals are well prepared heading into this new season: we look forward to welcoming many returning divers. But like all strong teams, we still need new recruits to dive.
SHBR members of all ages are invited to participate in the open event at our home intrasquad and “B” meets – come try out your most daring dives! If you’d like some pointers in advance of these meets, we have practice times Monday – Saturday and our coaches are happy to assist you.
Summer is a time for kids to have fun, make new friends, and get reacquainted with summertime pool friends. The dive team can help with this while also providing the opportunity to learn the sport. Go Seals!
Our team has a Facebook page! Please go to our Facebook page to see photos and video of our team. If you would like any photos or video posted please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video of Mock Meet:
Greetings Fellow Seals!
SHBR Dive Team 2017 season is just around the corner! I am happy to announce that Sean Paulson and I are returning as Co-Head coaches!
I am so excited to be back at SHBR! This is my second year at Sleepy Hollow but I have been a part of the NVSL dive community for many years. I grew up at Dominion Hills where I dove for many years, and held the position of Co-Head Coach and Assistant Coach for several years. Coach Sean has been a member of our team for over ten years. Last season he was a superb Junior coach and is a perfect fit as our Co-Head Coach.
Sean and I are looking forward to a fun-filled season where our returning and new divers will learn and improve their skills as well as the values of teamwork, sportsmanship and safety! Our goal is to cultivate a positive, supportive environment and achieve confidence in their diving ability, so that our divers, regardless of ability, have a great experience on our team.
Parents, you play an essential role for our team to flourish. The number one question I’ve encountered from previous seasons is what is their role on the dive team. The answer is to volunteer! Not only does this help our Seals compete and grow, but it makes you become a part of the dive team process. Additionally, you are the most important point of communication between your diver and the coaching team. Never hesitate to tell us issues or ideas that you may have. You are the ones who know your divers best. However, please contact us outside of our practices. Finally, it is important that we define success as effort and having FUN not scores. Your divers will try things this summer that they have never tried before. As parents, you can help Sean and I reinforce the emphasis on effort.
We are expecting to have a great season and know we will enjoy coaching your children.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
All the best,
Coach Anna and Coach Sean
2017 Sleepy Hollow Bath Dive Team Handbook
2017 SHBR DIVING SCHEDULE
Available practice time before school is out:
- Monday – Friday 4:00 PM to 5:30 PM
- Saturday 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
After School is out starting June 26th
- Monday 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Tuesday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM (for away meets) 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (for home meets)
- Wednesday 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Thursday 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Saturday practice 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Coaches would like divers to attend as many practices as they can. However, no diver is required to stay for the entire practice on the days they attend.
- June 27th – Mantua @ SHBR
- July 5th – SHBR @ Oakton
- July 11th – SHBR @ Hayfield
- July 18th – Arlington Forest @ SHBR
- July 25th – SHBR @ Chesterbrook
Divers need to be at SHBR for home meets at 3:00 PM for practice with the meet beginning (weather permitting) at 6:00 PM. Divers need to be at away Clubs at 5:00 PM for practice before the meets begin at 6:00 PM.
- June 24th – Intra Squad & Practice Meet @ SHBR 1:00 PM
- July 13th Donaldson Run @ SHBR 6:00 PM
- July 27th SHBR @ Lee Graham 6:00 PM
- July 16th – Wally Martin Memorial 3 Meter and Synchro – Meet at Oak Marr
- July 23rd – Cracker Jack Invitational Dive Meet all day at Springfield
- July 30th – Divisionals @ Hayfield
- August 6th – All Stars @ Oakton
- May 21st – Swim Suit Fit @ SHBR – Time 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- May 29th – Swim & Dive Ice Cream Social 4:00 PM
- TBD Team Picnic
- July 30th – Dive Awards Ceremony @ SHBR Gazebo 5:00 PM
- June 15th 6:30 PM @ Truro
- June 25th 4:00 PM @ Hamlet
- June 11th 9:45 AM @ Sideburn Run
- June 18th 2:00 PM @ Oakton
- June 28th 6:30 PM @ Wakefield Chapel
TABLE WORKERS CLINICS
- June 11th 9:45 AM @ Sideburn Run
- June 25th 2:00 PM @ 6318 Glenbard Rd., Burke, VA 22015
Also, parents and divers can stay current with NVSL Dive on social media for updates during meets and other events throughout the season.
NVSL’s Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/DiveNVSL/
NVSL Twitter Page is https://twitter.com/nvsldive
If you would like information or photos posted to these sites please send them to email@example.com