As wonderful as swimming, tennis, and relaxing by the pool are, there’s even more fun available at SHBR during the season. Plans are still being made, but here are some of the social events held in prior years:
- Summer Kickoff Wine and Cheese Party: SHBR kicks off the summer season each year on the Friday before Memorial Day with an evening opportunity for adult members to make new pool friends and get together with old ones.
- SHBR Ping Pong Tourney: Thanks to all who participated in our first-ever ping pong tourney and congratulations to winners Peter K. and Danny F.
- Laser Tag: Fun to see members and guests of all ages battling it out in the back recreation area.
- Mid-Summer Party: We had a good time in July listening to Burn and dining on Korean BBQ tacos from B. Lin.
- Trivia Night: Thanks to all teams who turned out for our annual Shine On Trivia Night in July. In addition to all the fun, we raised a nice additional amount for the club’s contribution to The Casey Schulman Foundation scholarship fund.
- Movie Nights in August: Enjoy a family friendly flick under the stars.
- Cardboard Regatta: Charlie H. took the prize for fastest boat at SHBR’s first-ever cardboard regatta!
- Water Gun Nights: On this night, the prohibition against water guns in the pool area is lifted. But a warning to our younger members: the adults and lifeguards may return your watery fire!
- Smores Night: Join us to build a smore at the pool.
- Lobster Roast Party (Adults Only): Saturday, August 31, 6:30 pm to 10 pm. This end-of-season SHBR tradition lets you bid farewell to the pool with live music, catered dinner (including fresh grilled lobster if you choose) and bring your own beverage (no glass).
- Season Finale Celebration: Say goodbye to the pool until next year.
- Dog Day Afternoon: The last dip in the pool in September will belong to our canine members. Bring your pet (on a leash and with pickup bags) for a romp at the club and a dog paddle in the lower pool.
- Adult Swim (18+ only): Every Sunday morning from 9am-noon. Swim, play tennis, do water aerobics, chill out in the shade. But some say the free coffee and donuts are the real draw.
- Friday Night Music: Enjoy music by the lower pool on Friday nights from 6-8pm. Check the SHBR calendar to see if someone is playing this Friday. (Have a band you’d like to recommend? Send information on the band, including type of music and contact details, to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
If you have questions about any events; suggestions for bands, caterers or activities; or would like to help put on these events, please contact Tracy Raine at email@example.com.